Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just thinking

So I'm sitting here in my dorm putting off writing the paper that is due for my English Comp class in the morning. Procrastination is so much fun. Keeps me on my toes! Haha jk :)
I just wanted to write a little update on my college life so far. I'm absolutely loving it here! The people are awesome, classes are great. It really couldn't have been a better experience. God's direction is always perfect, and I'm so thankful that He has lead me here for this season of my life. I feel myself growing, which is something I haven't felt in a while. I'm being challenged, and I'm finding it's absolutely necessary to know what I believe and why. God has opened so many doors for me, and all I can do is praise Him. His goodness astounds me.
Now to end with a thought.. Do we appreciate God? Or have we grown so accustomed to His love that we no longer remember what it was like before Him? I grew up in a Christian home and have been in church my entire life, but there was a time that while I may have been saved, I didn't know what it meant to be in a relationship with Jesus. He saved me from a life of religion and ritual and taught me what it means to be in love with Him. Don't forget what God brought you out of. Don't fall into an attitude of pride and start to believe you deserve all that you receive from Him. He has made you righteous, but it is only through His blood that you have any standing with God. SO, all of this to say, just praise Him today. Praise Him for Who He is. Praise Him just because He is GOD. And be mindful of His goodness. Don't take Him for granted.

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment